Compendium on the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 3rd Edition
About the Book
Compendium on the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 has been designed to provide a practical approach
by providing all the relevant information under each section, the related rules, regulations and schedules while
also including the case law and other allied laws at one place. While maintaining its credibility from the previous
editions, the scope of the third edition has been expanded covering the amendments carried out by the
Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Act, 2019.
- Text of the section of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 along with the following:
- Date on which the section was enforced.
- Relevant Rule(s) and Regulation(s) reproduced at the exact place within the sub-section/ Proviso where it
is referred along with subsequent amendments.
- Subsequent Amendments
- Other Sections referred to in the Act.
- Referred provision of other law in the Act.
- Decided case law.
- To provide an overall understanding of the law, a concise commentary in the form of “Overview of the
Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016” has been provided.
- To provide a practical understanding, the book contains the procedures under the Insolvency and
Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
- To provide quick access to various important information at one place, the following easy to understand
tables have been provided: –
- Enforcement Status of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016;
- Gist of decided cases;
- Offences and penalties under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016;
- List of Special Courts Notified under Section 435 of the Companies Act, 2013;
- List of NCLT benches
- The book provides text of the following: –
- Rules and Regulations made under the Code;
- Notifications, Orders & Circulars issued under the Code;
- Insolvency Professionals to act as Interim Resolution Professionals and Liquidators (Recommendations)
- The Sick Industrial Companies (Special Provisions) Repeal Act, 2003 as amended by the Insolvency and
Bankruptcy Code, 2016 and the Removal of Difficulties Order;
- The Recovery of Debts Due to Banks and Financial Institutions, Insolvency Resolution and Bankruptcy of
Individuals and Partnership Firms Act, 1993;
- The Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002;
- The Banking Regulation (Amendment) Act, 2017