Compendium on the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 2nd Edition
About the Book
Compendium on the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 has been designed to provide a practical approach by providing all the relevant information under each section, the related rules, regulations and schedules while also including the case law and other allied laws at one place.
- Text of the section of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 along with the following:
- Date on which the section was enforced.
- Relevant Rule(s) and Regulation(s) reproduced at the exact place within the sub-section/Proviso where it is referred.
- Subsequent Amendments
- Other Sections referred to in the Act.
- Referred provision of other law in the Act.
- Decided case law.
- To provide an overall understanding of the law, a concise commentary in the form of “Overview of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016” has been provided.
- To provide a practical understanding, the book contains the procedures under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
- To provide quick access to various important information at one place, the following easy to understand tables have been provided:-
- Enforcement Status of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016;
- Grounds on which petitions for insolvency resolution were rejected;
- Gist of decided cases;
- Offences and penalties under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016;
- The book provides text of the following:-
- Rules and Regulations made under the Code;
- Notifications, Orders & Circulars issued under the Code;
- The Sick Industrial Companies (Special Provisions) Repeal Act, 2003 as amended by the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 and the Removal of Difficulties Order;
- The Recovery of Debts Due to Banks and Financial Institutions, Insolvency Resolution and Bankruptcy of Individuals and Partnership Firms Act, 1993;
- The Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002;
- The Banking Regulation (Amendment) Act, 2017;
- Reports of BLRC, Joint Committee of Parliament & Insolvency Law Committee.